Thursday, November 20, 2008

Whatchu talkin' bout?

I’ve been contemplating how I’m going to put this news out there for a while. Actually, I already did in my last post but that wasn’t a formal announcement (or was it?). So here it goes – we are having a baby. To actually type that is so odd to me. Saying it out loud is stranger still. I have to keep something alive. Inside of me. For a total of 9 months. Crazy.

We found out the first week in October. It was a Wednesday and Jeff was out of town on business. I had peed about 15 times a day for the last few days but didn’t think anything was up. I’m not sure what possessed me to take that test but I when I got home from work, I walked straight into the bathroom and did it. The “line” appeared immediately. My first instinct was that the test was defective. Then I calmly changed clothes and went for a run. But first I took a picture of myself with the test.






















I sat in a semi-comatose state for the next couple of hours after my run. Jeff was supposed to arrive home soon so I snapped back into reality and decided to get creative with my announcement. The best my scattered brain could come up with was to write on his bathroom mirror in lipstick because I knew he would go straight upstairs and take a shower after arriving home.


So I did and he did and we hugged and I got the shakes and I shook for the next 2 days. I’m not shaking anymore though. I’m just kind of sick :-).

1 comment:

Julie said...

Congratulations! I thought something was up from that last blog. I, too, can relate to your story. When I found out I was pregnant with our oldest, I was in such shock that I told Josh 2 days later! Seriously. I needed time to process the info. It's a crazy feeling to imagine that a life is growing inside of you. I can't wait to read all about this adventure you guys are on. Keep us in your blogworld updated. Congrats again. It's such a miracle! I'm so happy for you. You are going to make a great mom!